Sunday 24 February 2013

"Kirigami Box" - Tutorial - Vicky

Kirigami box with faux ceramic tile tutorial
Vicky blogging today with a continuation of our celebration of LOVE month here at The Dusty Attic. I have decorated a handmade 4-inch kirigami box (a tutorial can be found on my blog for the folded kirigami box). I added some chipboard pieces from the lacing tash around the sides of the lid of the box and then created some faux ceramic tiles for the "you" word. A tutorial is below in this post on how to create these letter tiles.


Here is a view of the two portions of the box before assembling. The lacing tash was simply painted with Dusty Attic Cranberry paint. I just love this gorgeous "dusty" colour!

TUTORIAL: Faux Ceramic Letter Tiles
I took 3 (of the 6) Dusty Attic French Window Pane chipboard squares (the portion that some people discard to reveal the window).

I painted the squares with Dusty Attic black Soot paint.

I adhered a letter sticker to each painted tile.

I coated each tile with Dusty Attic Clear Gloss Varnish to create a ceramic tile appearance. This varnish product goes on so smoothly and dries very quickly too.

Then, I simply glued the tiles to my project - so easy!

Other products used for this project:
* Swirlydoos February 2013 "Upon a Time" kit
* Helmar adhesives

Thank you for joining me on the blog today!
Vicky Alberto


No comments:

Post a Comment